16 January 2017

What's in my bag | January 2017


I've never been one to carry around a huge Mary Poppins-esque bag, filled with receipts and sweets that I haven't seen in months and getting back ache from a trip into town. No, that's not for me. I much prefer to carry a bag that just about fits all of the essentials in (and one too many lip products).



My current little bag of choice is this one from Next. I love the shape of it - I think I was first drawn to it because it reminds me of the CĂ©line bags that were ever so popular a couple of years ago. It may look tiny but it stores everything I need in it (minus my Vagabond purse, enter card holder), whilst deterring me from throwing empty wrappers in it and making finding my keys a daily struggle.


The first things I have to hand? My Whistles card holder, a pencil, a glass nail file, Burt's Bees lip tint and my Travalo (filled with Georgio Armani's 'Si'). I've always been a fan of a big, bulky purse but since transitioning to using the smallest bag I've ever owned, my beloved Vagabond purse simply doesn't fit, so I found myself in need of a card holder. I love this bubblegum pink, croc-effect one from Whistles. It's simple, chic and a welcome colourful addition to my black wardrobe.

I use the Burts Bees lip tint on days when I don't feel like rocking a lipstick. It's subtle but noticeable and you don't need a mirror to apply it, bonus!


With winter lingering, I can't leave the house without a handful of products that I know will give my hair, hands and lips the moisture they need. First up, Moroccan Oil. I always have two bottles of this on the go. One stays at home and one is my trusty sidekick on those misty, blustery mornings. The Niels Yard Wild Rose hand cream is the perfect size for my day to day handbag and sinks into the skin quickly, a must for when on the go. The Origins Drink Up lip balm gives me a hit of moisture, whether I apply it before or after my lipstick. I've also been carrying Mac's 'Spirit' and a Mirenesse Moisture Shine gloss around with me as my lip combo of choice. The lip gloss adds a subtle sparkle that I'm always grateful for on a dull morning.


Last but not least, I always have a loose powder, kabuki brush and concealer with me for when my face needs a touch-up. I carry the Bourjois Rice Java powder around as it's smaller than the powder I keep in my make up bag and isn't too heavy or mattifying. The Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer brightens my under eyes when it gets to the afternoon and the weather has taken a toll on my make up but isn't too think so doesn't result in a cakey look.

Well, there you have it. A little nosey into my bag. What random things do you carry around with you?

Have a great week!
Hayley x