3 January 2017

You Beauty Advent Calendar | Review


With every year, comes a larger array of beauty advent calendars. We've got 24 days of candles, nail varnish, body products or make up favourites to choose from but with so much choice, which do we go for!? For me, it's an easy choice and for the past few years, I have chosen the same calendar. You may say I'm stuck in my ways or call me stubborn now but once you've read my reasoning, you may just agree that I have in fact made the right decision (four years in a row).


Packed with premium products, the You Beauty calendar is worth £270 but retails at £69.95. For this price, you receive an abundance of products, including brands such as The White Company, Oskia, Espa and Rodial. The reason I first bought this calendar was because it was full of high end brands that I had never tried before but always wanted to and as we all know, beauty advent calendars are the perfect way to try out multiple products from numerous brands. They're also a great way for beauty fanatics to discover some slightly more niche products.


The packaging this year was as always, beautiful and really does make you feel like you're opening a present each morning - except I've never wanted to open all my presents right away quite as much! The calendar includes 24 products, some of which are full size, some sample sized and some complete with fancy packaging. For example, the Aurelia Miracle Cleanser came paired with a muslin cloth in a velvety case which really was a stand out, lovely touch.


When you've opened up all the doors, you're basically presented with your new skincare regime! You have everything from your new favourite cleanser to your go-to face mask so you won't have to hit up Boots or Space NK for a good few months. With an array of decent sizes and lovely brands, I think this a such a great mid-range option if you want to treat yourself but don’t have hundreds to spend on some of the higher end calendars that are on the market.


Above are the items I'm most excited about. In particular, the MoroccanOil treatment is a product I repurchase time and time again so I was excited to see it within the calendar (I've just come to the end of my current bottle!). The Rodial smokey eye pen has a lovely, creamy texture which I'm certain will become a part of my daily make up routine. The This Works pillow spray is something I've wanted to try for quite a while now and I'm looking forward to seeing whether it shortens my "dropping off" time. The 'Rose Silence' perfume by Miller Harris is just beautiful and perfect to carry in my clutch for those special occasions.

Beauty advent calendars are a wonderful festive gift to yourself but also make great gifts for others. Which are your favourites? Do let me know if I've made your decision for next year's calendar a little easier!

Hayley x