5 February 2017

Origins favourites | Product review


I don't write about skincare all that often, purely because I have sensitive skin and once I discover a product that doesn't bring my face out in red, blotchy dry patches, I tend to hold on tight to it and never let go! However, last year I treated myself to an Origins gift set that included a couple of face creams and after loving them, I decided it was time to do a round up of my favourite products from the brand.



Rejuvenating Treatment

I always find myself getting put off by overly perfumed moisturisers as they irritate my skin rather than providing any sign of hydration. Origins pride themselves on using essential oils in their products, rather than chemicals that our skin can do without.

This light, citrus scented moisturiser has a gel-like texture, meaning it is lightweight and absorbs into the skin almost instantly. I use this as a day time moisturiser, when preparing my skin for make up as it smooths out the skin and prevents my t-zone from getting oily by midday.

Overnight Hydrating Repair Mask

The accompanying mask is perfect for night time, as I feel I need something heavier during the harsh, winter months.  Origins describe it to "create a reservoir to help replenish surface moisture lost after dark" and claim that their "ultra-hydrating formula helps lock in surface moisture and support skin's natural night-time self-repair ability". Well, I can confirm tat it does indeed deliver moisture just where my skin needs it and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It leaves my face feeling plump and I believe its a great first step into my anti-ageing skin care regime (my 25th birthday is just around the corner - eek!).



Shower Off Exfoliating Body Wash

I am somewhat of a body scrub fiend and give my body a full exfoliation treatment twice a week without fail so I was very interested to try this. Firstly, I must say that, as explained in the name of the product, this is not a body scrub, it is a wash with exfoliating beads in it. It's great for using before shaving, prepping the skin for fake tan and waking your skin up, just like a regular body scrub - it's just not as hardcore. This means, however that it can be used daily to give a light exfoliation and give your body a fresh, healthy glow. It has a light, minty scent but it's very mild and not overpowering at all. My favourite thing about this body wash is the cooling effect that the mint and beads provide, which make it especially luxurious to use after a work out or on a hot summers day.


Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

I'm on my third bottle of this so am no newbie to the magical powers of this mask. As someone with dry skin, I find it beneficial to use this twice a week to ensure my skin stays hydrated, rather than just using it when I see some flaky patches popping up. I love waking up and feeling how soft and dewy my face is - you just know that the cream has been working away all night long. I haven't been on any long-haul flights but I can imagine that this would be a lifesaver on such an occasion! Packed with avocado and apricot oils, it does have a mild scent to it but it's nothing overwhelming and honestly, who doesn't want to go to bed dreaming of avocado!?

What are your favourite Origins products? I'd love to know!

Hayley x